Join CPJ in calling for electoral reform in Canada!
CPJ has long advocated for a system of proportional representation in Canada.
During the 2015 federal election campaign, the Liberals committed to reform Canada’s electoral system before the 2019 federal election. In February 2017, they broke that promise.
Here are some suggestions for ways to get engaged on this issue!
3 steps you can take to advocate for democratic reform:
- Read Faith in Our Vote: A Public Justice Case for Proportional Representation, CPJ’s Submission to the Special Committee on Electoral Reform.
- Check out Samara’s guide to five possible electoral systems for Canada, What We Talk About When We Talk About Electoral Reform.
2. Take Action
- Share CPJ’s electoral reform brief with your networks and communities.
- Sign-on to Fair Vote Canada’s Declaration of Voters’ Rights in support of fair representation in Parliament.
- Use Fair Vote Canada’s Open Letter to Justin Trudeau to send a message and ask the Prime Minster and the Minister of Democratic Institutions to reform our electoral system in a way that better reflects voters’ intentions.
- Join the Every Vote Counts Alliance, a coalition of organizations and individuals in support of a fair voting system in Canada.