CPJ’s Fall Election Tour – Edmonton, AB
Shaping a Just Canada
In partnership with The King’s University’s Micah Centre
Moderated by Jonathan Nicolai-deKoning, Director, Micah Centre
Welcome & Territorial Acknowledgment
A Renewed Vision of Public Justice:
- Remarks by CPJ’s new Executive Director, Willard Metzger.
Shaping a Just Canada:
- A Deep Dive into CPJ’s Key Priorities, presented by Karri Munn-Venn, Senior Policy Analyst at CPJ.
Panel Discussion on Active Citizenship:
- Gerda Kitts, The King’s University
- Gabrielle Gelderman, CPJ Edmonton Organizer
- Karri Munn-Venn, Senior Policy Analyst at CPJ
- Send us your questions throughout the event on Twitter using #CPJElectionTour or text (604) 330-2055.
The public is invited to attend CPJ’s fall pre-election tour.
CPJ is a faithful voice for social justice in Canadian public policy focused primarily on poverty in Canada, ecological justice, and refugee rights. CPJ’s fall tour will provide a non-partisan look at major issues leading up the fall federal election.
As citizens prepare to cast their votes, CPJ will equip the electorate to engage in the political process in a meaningful way, with information to better understand policy positions, proposed questions to ask federal candidates, and resources that direct voters to additional helpful tools.
The fall tour will also provide an opportunity to meet CPJ’s new Executive Director, Willard Metzger, and will include participation from engaged local community members.
CPJ invites all members of the public to participate in the democratic process and to join our citizens’ movement as we aim to shape a just Canada for all!